Restaurant: Water’s Edge Resto Bar Grill
Javier Alarco’s culinary career began during the mid 80’s in Toronto, at the George Brown Culinary School. He graduated top five in his class and received a Bachelor in Culinary/Hotel Management. Javier currently holds his C.C.C (Canadian Chef de Cuisine) and C.E.C (Certified Executive Chef) certificates.
One of Javier’s greatest passions is teaching/passing on his knowledge and helping new young cooks better prepare for their future in the culinary arts. This passion, coupled with his ambition and drive has led to an impressive and flourishing career with big name hotels around the world. In Javier’s 23 plus years in the culinary profession, he has cooked for Royalty, Political Figures/Diplomats and Movie Stars.
- Best of Sea- Chic Chef of the Year (2017)
- Best of Sea- Judges Choice for The Appsolute Seafood Starter (2016)
- Canadian Culinary Federation named PEI Chef of the Year (2014)
- Atlantic Culinary Exhibition Gold Medal (2013)
- Canadian Culinary Federation named British Columbia Chef of the Year (2008)