If you are viewing this page you have been officially invited to apply for the 2017 Garland Canada International Chef Challenge. Congratulations!
Established in 2003 this competition has evolved over a decade into what is now known as one of Canada’s longest running culinary competitions. This year’s 2017 competition will feature an all-Canadian lineup representing chef’s from across Canada. This fierce competition is presented by Garland Canada in partnership with the Culinary Institute of Canada. ** Please note: PEI Chef selection is based on the winner of “Best of Sea”. www.bestofsea.com **
12 Chefs go head to head in front of a live audience and panel of celebrity judges. Chefs will be given a black box of ingredients and asked during the 45 minute preliminary heat to prepare an entrée dish. From the 1 dish prepared Chefs will prepare 4 plates, one plate for each judge for tasting, 4th plate will be used for visual display for judges.
Chefs will judged on presentation, taste, and menu. This is a high stake world class culinary competition with $10,000 cash prize on the line for first place. Competitors are expected to bring creativity and originality to their dishes, highlighting Prince Edward Islands world class shellfish. For more details on judging criteria, click here.
See video’s from past competitions to see things “heat” up:
Who can Enter:
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must be working full time as a chef in a restaurant kitchen for at least 3 years
- Must have a strong experience in working with core products: Lobster, mussels, oysters.
- The winning chef must offer the winning dish recipe on their menu for 2017 season. Rights to use the Prince Edward Island International Shellfish Festival name and logo.
Festival Provides :
- Travel Costs
- Downtown Accommodations all costs covered by the Festival (with the exception of any incidentals charged to the room)
- Accreditation to the Festival (Full details on programming coming soon, click here.)
- On the Ground Transportation throughout the Festival weekend
Terms of Competing :
Space is limited to 12 competitors, return your complete registration form no later than Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Any indication that an individual is under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any time prior to, during or after their participation in the Garland Canada International Chef Challenge Competition will result in disqualification.
- All competitors will act in as professional a manner as possible before, during and after their heat. Failure to act in as professional a manner as possible may end up in disqualification.