Restaurants Canada will be presenting the Shellfish Excellence Award at the Prince Edward Island International Shellfish Festival.
The award recognizes a restaurateur in Prince Edward Island for its exceptional service and promotion of local seafood. The winner shows superior shellfish quality standards, offers a variety of local shellfish and promotes PEI shellfish to its community and customers.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by Restaurants Canada. Applicants must be food service operator in Prince Edward Island, champions of local seafood promotion and initiatives and offer an extensive offering of local seafood on its menu.
- Must be a foodservice operator in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- Serves local seafood with superior quality standards
- Champions local seafood initiatives in its restaurant and community
- Offers an extensive assortment of local seafood.
**Award will be selected by a panel of judges selected by Restaurants Canada.**
What does the Winner get?
- Featured article in the 2022 issue of “MENU Magazine”, (Readership of 66,000). More information on MENU: www.menumag.ca
- Feature Blog post on Restaurant Canada’s website
- The winning restaurant will receive a $500 cheque and plaque presented by Restaurants Canada CEO at the PEI International Shellfish Festival Main Stage
- Use of Award winning seal which they can brand on their menu’s and marketing collateral.
2019 WINNER – Blue Mussel Café
2018 WINNER – Olde Dublin Pub
2017 WINNER – New Glasgow Lobster Suppers!
2016 WINNER – Carr’s Oyster Bar – Phyllis Carr
About Restaurants Canada
P.E.I.’s restaurant industry generates more than $270 million in economic activity, representing 4.4% of GDP. With 5,600 jobs, foodservice is the province’s third-largest employer and provides more first-time jobs than any other industry.
Restaurants Canada is a growing community of 30,000 foodservice businesses, including restaurants, bars, caterers, institutions and suppliers. We connect our members from coast to coast, through services, research and advocacy for a strong and vibrant restaurant industry. Canada’s restaurant industry directly employs 1.2 million Canadians, is the number one source of first jobs, and serves 18 million customers every day.